Technical Support Engineer
Company: TeamEDA Inc.
Type: Full-Time, Permanent
TEAMEDA is seeking an external-facing Technical Support Engineer, who will provide tier 3 support for customers and users of our software application, LAMUM. The engineer should have at least 3+ years of relevant work experience. Will be responsible for meeting with our clients to analyze, troubleshoot and diagnose technical problems as well as implement small bug fixes.
TeamEDA is a leading provider of integrated software license management and optimization for engineering applications. TeamEDA’s LAM and LAMUM application fully integrates to monitor the leading engineering tools CAD, CAM, CAE, EDA, PLM, AEEC, and many other design, simulation, modeling, and analysis tools. TeamEDA combines both License Asset Management with Usage Monitoring (LAMUM) in one best-in-class solution. TeamEDA is a wholly owned subsidiary of EXA Capital, LLC
- Strong knowledge of Windows Server administration and Linux Operating Systems (RHEL/CentOS)
- Knowledge of Active Directory and LDAP protocols
- Knowledge of application layer protocols (HTTP/HTTPS)
- Knowledge of authentication and authorization methods like SAML, SSO, oauth
- Knowledge in relational databases, MySQL/MariaDB
- Experience installing and configuring computer and software systems for a large company
- Experience and understanding of webservices deployed on Windows and Linux. (Apache/httpd, Tomcat, cron)
- Ability to write scripts in Linux and Windows
- Understanding and ability to read lines of code in Java and PHP.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, a technical expertise, empathy, good listening skills, flexibility, patience, and problem-solving skills.
We believe success in this role will demonstrate itself through the following skills, and attributes:
- Respond to customer inquiries and assist in troubleshooting and resolving challenges
- Schedule and organize Video conference meetings with clients to analyze, troubleshoot and fix technical issues.
- Act as the initial point of contact for all computer and system related concerns from clients
- Manage Ticket Management System
- Complete detailed reports listing requests to technical assistance, steps taken to resolve them and
- Recommend improvements to existing software programs as necessary
- Help development team with small bug fixes and customer enhancements request
- Duplicate problems and define root causes, using product designs, code, or specifications.
- Create a positive customer experience